2002 Sonata Brakes

HELP!!!..today while making only left turns and braking, it sounded like something rattling or a squeeking sound coming from the left rear tire..I had the sonata at the dealer 2 weeks ago & he said that I soon would need brakes,,could this be the problem..I have an appt. at a local garage tomorrow to check them (the brakes), is there anything else that it coudl be,,this noise just started yesterday..plaease let me know ASAP..Thanks,,JOHN

Reply to
john246

Sure, it could be your brakes, especially since you've already had someone tell you that they need replacement.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Its most likely the audible brake pad indicators which occurs when the pads have worn down sufficiently and are in need of replacing.

Reply to
HVAC fella

So - one repair facility has told you that you were in need of brake work soon, you subsequently developed problems in that very area, and you've taken the well-advised path of having another garage take a look, which will happen in a day. Why the HELP, ASAP? Looks like if this independent garage confirms the dealer's comments you still won't trust that.

Reply to
Mike Marlow