2002 Sonata GLS: P0456 and Air Bag light

Man, I just am not having luck. P0456 just popped on. And just a few short minute ago. My Air Bag light is on solid. WTF? Anyone know why the AirBag Light would be on?

The air bag lamp could be just about any fault with the air bag system. You'll need the diagnostic trouble code to have an idea what may be wrong.
On Monday, November 5, 2012 5:42:32 PM UTC-5, Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) wrote:

Ok, I'll go get it scanned later today. Didn't know the Airbag could have a code too.

I forgot to come back to this comment until just now. When I last went into the dealership, they seemed to have fixed the airbag light but didn't tell me what it was. On my own, I discovered it seems to have something to do with the passenger side seat belt. If the airbag light comes on, it seems to turn off if I slowly pull the passenger seatbelt all the way out until it stops and then let it go back in. Sometimes I have to do it twice or three times but then it will turn off by itself. Does that sound like some kind of loose wire or something?
- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:18:13 AM UTC-5, Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP] wrote:

I've not seen anything like this, so it's hard to say. If they made a repair, it should show on your invoice what they did. They may have simply cleared the code during routine checking. If they did this without resolving the issue, the lamp will eventually be back when the problem occurs again.