2002 Sonata VE.. Possible Water Damage.

Today was a bad day in quebec rained, freezing rain, snow and such. I had to cross big pools of water well 7 to be exact about 5-6 meters in circumference. I was going around 10 - 20 KPH through them
hoping I wouldnt stall out in first. Parked the car at work. 7 hours later on the way home the engines pitch really sounded like it was struggling at higher rpm's around 3000-3500 and once into 5th a deeper hum when moderatly accelerating.
I'm leaving it idle right now for 30 minutes hoping to get what maybe is water in the block well whole system to evaporate.
But I need to know how to tell if there really is water damage or signs to look for when further driving. It's friday all garages are closed on the weekend so I cant it done by them.
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final

How deep was the water? How much did it splash?

Water in the block? Sheesh... you'd sure want to hope not. Not very likely unless you drove through over a foot of water.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final
snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

Most warrantees don't cover abuse. Driving at high speed through deep water is clearly abuse.
Matt
10-20 KPH isnt high speed driving at all I took those pools of water nice and slow. I'll get the water out myself.
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final
snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

I thought you said it sprayed water above the fenders and the water was several inches deep. If the water was that deep and went that high, then you were driving too fast for those conditions.
Matt

The warranty isn't going to cover anything if there's water in the air box. That would be an owner issue. If you've got ice or water (if it melted) in the bottom of the box, then remove it. If you're at all concerned that water got into the oil, then change the oil and filter. No big deal. If there were enough water in the oil to worry about though, you'd see it on the dip stick. No bubbles? Nice clean looking oil?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Oil looked nice and cleaned off the dip stick. The water I can get out myself. I'm just fortunate i was driving through those pools of water nice and slow. I had an idiot in the next lane that went through it estimating 60 KPH.
My friend who drives an 90 Acura got his altenator fried on one.
Friday was probably the worst weather we had in awhile. 60 car pileup near montreal.
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final

It would lend a *huge* amount of context to your replies if you'd include the text you're responding to. In this case it was easy enough to figure out what you're responding to but too often it's not.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Correct me if I'm wrong - the car is running right now, isn't it? If so, then go ahead and clean up any residuals you find from the water and keep on truckin'.
Don't ya just hate those guys that fly like that?