2003 Accent tape deck stuck

Hi,
The tape deck on my 2003 accent is stuck with a tape in it. I tried holding the eject button for 5 seconds as the manual suggests and it didnt
help. I also checked TSB's and they said the same thing. Is there any way to get it out without causing damage ? The radio works fine, just the tape part is messed up.
thanks, DaveV
Just a question.... Who still has tape decks these days???? I thought CD players were standard

Mary wrote:

I still have a tape deck. It's great. I bought a tape adaptor for $30 and use my Ipod in the car. No more listening to a cd fo six months and then it won't play anymore cause it skips so much.
Chirs
Dave wrote:

How about a combination of hitting eject and pulling on the tape with needle nose pliers?
Chris
I use the tape deck with an adapter for my mp3 player as well
I tried gently pulling on it while hitting the eject button, no go. I didnt want to get too rough with it.
It looks like there is a whole carrige that moves up and down with the tape in it.
I'm using a transmitter for now but they are kinda weak. I may just change the radio for one with an aux port. Any advice on changing the radio ???

I feel your pain.
I swapped my daughter's 05 Elantra radio with an Alpine CDA-9857 radio. She loves it and uses her iPod everyday. It has the iPod adapter built-in and only requires a specail $30 cable to connect to the iPod. Check Crutchfield for details:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OIbxdRrxzfG/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?wm=fp&IP0CDA9857&g00
Jeff

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OIbxdRrxzfG/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?wm=fp&IP0CDA9857&g00 My Sonata has the optional 6 CD MP3 player. I've not paid any attention to the iPod craze and MP3 until now. I can burn a disk with over 130 racks of MP3 on it. I rip them to the MP3 format with Medial Player, they make the CD from there. I can get over 300 miles on one disk!