2003 Accent timing belt change

Hi,

I recently purchased a used 2003 Accent with 90k on it. I have decided since I dont have service records for the car that changing the timing belt is probably a good idea. I read here that the valves usually get bent when the belt breaks and can make a mess. (I had a nissan that did that, it was a real pain to fix) I was wondering if there were any good tips from people here to make the job as simple as possible. Are the Hanes manuals available, and any good for these cars ?

thanks, DaveV

Reply to
Dave

As timing belt jobs go, this one is rather simple. If you've done them before, this one will not be an issue.

You can view the factory service manuals at

You'll need to register for a free account, and the site requires internet explorer.

Reply to
hyundaitech