2003 Elantra needs CV Boot replaced

My Elantra has a torn CV boot. I was told that repairing this requires the axle be replaced. Is that correct? Also, apparently there's an issue with ABS Vs no ABS - my car has ABS. The boot is on the driver's side. Any thoughts about this appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
Victek

Try a repair yourself with some flexible rubber and a good adhesive. The main reason for the boot is to keep debris out, this will wear the coupling down.

Reply to
Irwell