5 year / 60,000 unless the 1st owner bought an extended transferable Warrenty.
I'd verify it in writing.....otherwise you'll get the balance of the 60,000 mile original.
From Hyundai website
"Covers repair or replacement of powertrain components (i.e. selected Engine and Transmission/Transaxle components), originally manufactured or installed by Hyundai that are defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance. Coverage applies to Original Owner only effective with 2004 Model Year and newer model year vehicles. On 1999-2003 Model Years, coverage applies to Original Owner and immediate family members (i.e. wife, husband, daughter, son, stepdaughter, stepson).
Second and/or subsequent owners have powertrain components coverage under the 5 year / 60,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Excludes coverage for vehicles in commercial use (i.e. taxi, route delivery, delivery service, rental, etc.). "
About Extended Warrenty
"We've made America's Best WarrantyT plan even better because we've tailored service contract plans to provide even more protection. Hyundai offers a choice of Protection Plans to suit your needs: Choose the Hyundai Advantage 6 year/75,000 mile Protection Plan, or the Hyundai Advantage Plus 10 year/100,000 mile Protection Plan. Whichever plan you choose, you can feel confident that you're getting the most complete service contract plan in the business.
For starters, both Hyundai Protection Plans cover just about every part and component on your Hyundai (more than 14,000 parts and components, to be exact). The New Vehicle Limited Warranty covers everything, excluding wear and maintenance items, soft trim, and upholstery.
* Most importantly, both plans include rental assistance, which means you get some of the most thorough coverage around. With coverage this comprehensive, making the right choice has never been so easy.
Why should I buy a Hyundai Protection Plan?
1. RENTAL ASSISTANCE - Hyundai Protection Plan rental assistance is available up to four (4) days at $25.00 a day when a Hyundai Protection Plan's covered component causes a vehicle to be inoperative.
2. TOTAL PROTECTION - OVER 14,000 PARTS COVERED ACROSS THE HYUNDAI PRODUCT LINE - Extends the comprehensive component coverage of your new vehicle warranty; protects you from the cost of unexpected repairs for up to ten (10) years/100,000 miles.
3. NO DEDUCTIBLE - Hyundai pays the entire cost of repairs covered by the Hyundai Protection Plan, giving you true protection from escalating costs of major repairs.
4. SECURITY - Total security knowing that the Hyundai Protection Plan is the only vehicle service contract program backed by Hyundai Motor America and designed exclusively for Hyundai Vehicles.
5. INFLATION PROTECTION - Receive protection from tomorrow's price inflation on repairs.
6. COAST TO COAST - Enjoy carefree driving knowing Hyundai Protection Plan is honored at over 500 Hyundai dealerships throughout the United States.
7. TRANSFERABLE - To enhance the resale value of your Hyundai, you (the original purchaser) can transfer the Hyundai Protection Plan to one subsequent purchaser.
8. AFFORDABLE - Hyundai Protection Plan provides cost-effective coverage of components for up to ten (10) years or 100,000 miles.
9. SIMPLE - Easy to use. Simply present your Hyundai Protection Plan card or contract to your Hyundai dealer, and Hyundai-trained technicians will repair your vehicle using only Genuine Hyundai Parts.
10. TOLL-FREE CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE - Customer assistance is only a phone call away. Just call your local Hyundai Dealer or dial 1-800-633-5151.
* Please refer to Hyundai Owner's Handbook and the Hyundai Protection Plan Contract for definitions and exclusions. Information was accurate when this page(s) was produced and is subject to change without notice. "
2003 HYUNDAI ELANTRA Sedan. It has 56,000 miles on<BR>> it. The
dealer says the 10 year / 100,000 mile warranty goes with the<BR>>
car.<BR>> <BR>> Is this right?<BR>> <BR>> <BR>> Deck
wrote:<BR>>> good to know...my 03 Elantra can transfer warranty to my