2003 Tiberon

at 30000 miles the clutch and associated parts self destructed, now at 60,000 miles dealer says it needs new flywheel and more parts. I have heard that there is a class action suit about this very thing...anyone
know?? No hot rodding, just normal driving!!!
well...I found web site that talks about it. pages and pages of complaints about the 03 Tiberon clutch and flywheel and mostly Hyundai won't replace it. Caviet emptor? here is the site: http://espanol.autobytel.com/content/research/forums/index.cfm/action/Posts/fid/5389

Some real horror stories in there! It sounds like the "delay valve" in that slave cylinder is at least partly to blame. What a crock -- I've driven stick-shift cars that got 100,000+ miles out of the clutch, and then only the clutch disc itself would be worn. (Though if you're going to go to the trouble of replacing that, SOP is to also replace the pressure plate and throwout bearing, at least.) The stories of flywheel failure are particularly troubling, I've *never* had to replace a flywheel, at worst I've seen them need to be resurfaced and they frequently don't even need that unless the clutch disc wears down to the rivets. I'm sure glad our '06 Sonata has the automatic transmission, that they pretty much have to fix if it breaks!!