2003 tiburon

Bought this lemon brand new. At 4000 miles the clutch assembly went out. They replaced it at no charge. At 15000 miles it went again, it cost me
$1952.00 because the warranty didn't cover. Says alot for their 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:38:58 GMT, Thomas Kamedulski staggered into the Black Sun and said:

The clutch is a "wear item", because it has to be rebuilt/replaced periodically. Wear items are not covered under warranty. Also, in the USA, the bumper-to-bumper warranty for the 2003 models was 5/60, not 10/100. The *powertrain* was 10/100. You've probably also noticed that dealership managers store many excuses up their arses and are quite fond of pulling them out and saying, "This isn't covered by the warranty!"
You didn't say whether this car had an I4 or V6 engine. Quite a few people complained about clutch problems with the 2003 V6 Tiburons on this newsfroup and places like http://newtiburon.com/ . This was apparently due to Hyundai using the same clutch on the I4 and V6 Tiburons. 4000 miles seems like way too short a time, though. The people who complained about clutch problems said that they needed to get the clutch rebuilt at ~15,000 miles, not 4000. The remedy suggested by a number of people on newtiburon.com was "install an aftermarket racing clutch". That seems to have worked for the people who tried it, at least.
I believe they fixed this in the 2004 models. ICBW, so any 2004-2005 Tiburon V6 manual-tranny owners out there, say something.
--
Matt G|There is no Darkness in eternity/But only Light too dim for us to see
Screw up your courage! You've screwed up everything else.
sportstr wrote:

Hey, there are these two *new* ideas for internet posters called "capitalization" and "punctuation". If you use them, people can actually read and understand your posts. Pretty cool, huh?
"" wrote: > sportstr wrote: > > "" wrote: > > > Bought this lemon brand new. At 4000 miles the clutch > > > assembly went out. > > > They replaced it at no charge. At 15000 miles it went > again, > > > it cost me > > > $1952.00 because the warranty didn't cover. Says alot > for > > > their 100,000 > > > mile bumper to bumper warranty. > > > > how old are you and what went with the clutch they will > cover defects > > but wont cover the clutch disc its like brake you abuse they > wear out > > and how you drive may affect that > > > Hey, there are these two *new* ideas for internet posters > called > "capitalization" and "punctuation". If you use them, people > can actually > read and understand your posts. Pretty cool, huh?
The 10 years/100k warranty is NOT a bumper to bumper warranty and does not cover wearable items that are not defective. Unfortunately, clutches are considered wearable and hard to prove defective. I would ask to speak with a Hyundai field representative and argue your point with him/her. There has to be a problem with your clutch assembly for it to go out so quickly. The Hyundai "Basic" warranty covered your first clutch and am surprised the dealer didnt the second one considering how quickly your first clutch went out. Dont let Hyundai get away easily on this issue. Good luck!
On 25 Aug 2005 00:37:57 -0400, Reckerfox

maybe the dealer knows the user?
;-)
Reckerfox wrote:

Or with the way it's being driven. I don't blame them for being leery of replacing clutches under warranty.