2003 Tiburon--Need Keyless Entry Transmitter

Wifey lost hers, and a new one costs darn near $100. Anybody have one out there to sell? And, is there a way to program them (other than at the dealer), or copy the setting from an existing fob?

Thanks.

Reply to
me

Do a search on alt.autos.gm A guy was selling fobs about a week ago, all brands.

Have you tried a third party? I've seen them along with programming instructions. May be worth a Google search

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks, Edwin. Would never have thought about a GM group. Google search, yes, but thought I'd start here.

Appreciate the help.

Reply to
me

Thought I'd follow up with info I found (bow and scrape to you, Edwin!)

There are several sources for the 2003 Hyundai Tib remote, with the lowest price of $39.93 + 4.95 for shipping, from remotes4less.

I further found, from several sources, that THAT particular model MUST be programmed by the dealer, using something called a Hi-Scan device. No way for the average shade-tree guy to do it. One outfit would rent you a device for $35. In my case, as I live some 60 miles from a dealer--$30 to program (typically) plus 3-4 gals. of gas at $2.20/gal. Could maybe save $4--BFD! Guess I'll go with dealer programming.

Reply to
me