2004 Santa Fe 4WD Question

2.7 L 6 cyl...
The 4WD system warning light never lights up, even when the key is in the ON position. Does this mean the 4WD isn't active? Is this normal?

Thanks
I don't believe that light is active on the 2.7. The 2.7 has full time 4wd -- it doesn't switch on and off like the 3.5.
hyundaitech wrote:

I have a 2005 Santa Fe with a 2.7 and it does not light up.

Thanks! So it only lights up if there's a problem, I take it.