2004 Santa Fe check engine light & the carwash...

everytime i go through the carwash it comes on and stays on for a couple of days then goes out. what is getting wet that could be causing this? or is
it just a coincidence and something else is wrong... though 4 times through the carwash and 4 times it comes on for a couple of days.
thanks for you input,
Eaton
I think youve pretty well isolated it to water getting on something . I wouldnt be too concerned about it so long as it doesnt happen continuously outside of the car wash. Maybe the hyundaitech in this NG can shed some more light on it.
If that common of a problem, maybe there is a TSB on the hyundai webtech site? Good luck

I'd track it down, (you've go tthe time, it's not serious yet), in time the water could cause other more serious problems.
I don't have anything to offer without knowing the trouble code. I've not heard of anything like this.

Before my Check Engine light went permanently on (in my 2000 Elantra) - every time I drove through a puddle (during rain storms) it would stay on for a while.
Do you know what the problem was?

Now, it's the O2 sensor - which I've been dragging my feet to fix. Somebody in here gave me a good website to order it from, so I'm doing that this week - prior to my emissions on 7/13
The Chris wrote:

Have you checked to see if it's just bad wiring on the sensor that can be repaired or replaced?
Excellent point Brian. I've seen a number of these rub through the wiring on the right hand axle shaft.

Is it something I can check? At this point, the next time I take it to a mechanic, it will be to put the sensor in.
You could probably check this your self. You'll need to either look down behind the engine to see the oxygen sensor wiring (if you can) to see if it's rubbing on the axle shaft, or raise the car and get underneath to check the same.