2004 Santa Fe power steering pump

Page 2 of 2

Welcome to the club ! I had my wife's 2004 3.5L Santa Fe's timing belt replaced and the same thing happen to me. As soon as I started it up at the dealer the PS pump was screaming. The dealer said that the line were leaking and the system was low on fluid which caused the pump noise. Which was BULL because it sits 98% of the time at the same spot and there was no sign of a fluid spot ! As Hyundaitech said there is a TSB about the power steering reservoir screen plugging and causing the fluid in the pump to aerate causing the noise. I got on online for half of what the dealer wanted for it. The pump still whines but is quieter then it was and I am living with it !