2004 Sonata Antenna

My 2004 Sonatas'a antenna is acting weird. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen so I can figure how long it will take for the dealer to fix.
When I turn on the radio, the antenna lifts up, as it should. However, after it lifts, it drops about 2 inches and then lifts back up, with a loud clang.
Same thing when I shut the radio off, it drops all the way down, then lifts up a couple of inches before it drops back down, again with a loud clang.
I made sure there were no obstructions in the trunk. Thanks for any/all help
Brian
It sounds like it's ratcheting. Try cleaning the antenna and lubing with silicon based grease.
hyundaitech wrote:

antenna lube. ;-)
Silicone spray and wax-based lubes, such as those made for bicyle chains, also work well and they're less likely to pick up dust and dirt than grease is. They need to be applied more frequently, however.
You're correct Brian. But my grease can also be used to manufacture computer chips. Bet you can't say that about Silicone. :)