2004 V6 Sonata--Fuel Filter Removal/Install Question

My '04 Sonata 2.7L V6 has 43K miles and has the original fuel filter installed. I don't suspect that it's clogged but I figured it wouldn't hurt to change it either. I've read that it is located in the fuel
tank itself, can anyone verify this? If it is, what is the procedure for changing it out? I would guess it's accessed from the trunk?? I imagine the fuel line pressure would have to be reduced. Is this a job for the dealer or can a somewhat mechanically inclined individual tackle this? Thanks.
Ed

I'm interested in why you'd change this Ed. Most cars today will show early signs of a fuel filter clogging. There will be reduced performance due to the lowered delivery pressure. Absent that I just wondered why not wait until it begins to show early warning signs? Just like to stay ahead of these things?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net