2005 Hyundai accent rattle

Hey all,

I have a 2005 Hyundai Accent GT (manual) that rattles obnoxiously during acceleration. Once cruising/shifting rpms are reached, it disappears. It sounds like it is coming from outside the cab (under the hood maybe), but I have not once heard the sound while listening with the hood up and manually revving the engine using the throttle cam. This makes me think it may have something to do with the transmission, because as soon as I get in and drive off, its there again. Anyone with a similar experience?

Best, Chris

Reply to
cmaupin

I experienced something similar to what you describe in an Accent (2000 to

2003 model) once. The upper transmission mount was coming apart, allowing the higher torque in lower gears to push metal against metal on the mount.
Reply to
hyundaitech