2005 Hyundai XG 350L check engine light, scan shows code P2125. What caused it?

My car was parked outside for a day and a half. It had been raining very heavy. I drove about 4 miles, parked and returned to the car about an hour later. I drove out of the parking lot on to the street and the check engine light came on. The car then bogged as I accelerated until I got past 30 mph. I drove home and had a mechanic scan for the trouble code which was P2125 throttle/pedal position sensor/switch E Circuit. He does not repair those issues. I drove the car today, light still on but no bogging what so ever. Drove on a road with a very long incline and it was fine. Is this the beginning of a major issue or is this a minor issue that if corrected will prevent a major issue like needing to replace the entire throttle. I did drop the car off at repair shop near by that works on that issue on the Hyndai XG. They do a 12 point inspection, try to reduplicate the issue (which it is no longer there), and analyze the code. I am trying to stay a step ahead as I have read experiences of others paying for repairs that did not solve the problem. Is it possible for this code to be caused by transmission or other engine issues?

Thank you in advance, all advise and info is welcome

Reply to
XGRider

I wouldn't worry about it. Just wait and see what develops. My Passat lost communication with the transmission controller. I limped it down to the tra nsmission shop down the street and they said it would cost $1800 for a new computer - that was just for starters. I decided that was not the way to go . I ordered a used transmission control box from eBay and it worked fine in the car. However, the real problem was that some water condensed inside th e sealed box that held the TCM.

In your case, It seems likely that the problem was an electrical problem br ought on by water condensing on the sensors or circuit board. I'd expect th at you won't have any problems until it rains again.

Reply to
dsi1

It is possible moisture did affect something and caused the code. It reacted as if it was in safe mode bogging the car down. Chances are you won't know until the next extended damp period, or if the sensor is going bad and finally does.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Chances are your accelerator position sensor is defective. Your throttle is electronically controlled based on the input of this sensor attached via cable to your accelerator pedal.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks everybody! The repair shop said that it could be the sensor, but it may not be as the code indicates "Circuit" as well as sensor and they could not duplicate the problem (bogging). They quoted me installed with tax $405 cleared the check engine light as well. Also I was told it may have thrown an incorrect code. It has been raining on and off every day and it poured again last night and this morning, The car still has no problem. My problem is that I am up north and due to return to Florida soon. I hate to spend $400 and not know if the issue is fixed. Hopefully it will re-duplicate before I get on the road. Thanks again for your help.

Reply to
XGRRider

I can say I have never once seen this code that the problem wasn't the sens or. That doesn't mean it can't be something else like the wiring, but the o dds are very heavily in favor of the sensor. In my opinion, computer-contro lled throttle is nothing to play with, and you should put a new sensor on b ecause that'll probably fix the issue. It's a lot of money, I know, but not as much as what can happen if the electronic throttle system doesn't work properly.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I agree with you on the odds of it being the sensor. I need to reduplicate the behaviour or at least be able to feel some type of hesitation. If the car drives perfect, I have to pay $89 per hour for them to diagnose. Looking for a mechanic/garage that will replace it with the records I have, one that knows those cars. Thank you.

Reply to
XGRider