2005 Santa Fe Headlights

Just had my 05 Santa Fe in for the first service.

I mentioned a problem with the low beams, they seem low on the road and cut off at the top.

Service manager said they are factory set and not adjustable. I find this hard to believe.

Does anyone have any additional info?

TIA

Norm

Reply to
Norm

Your headlamps have vertical adjusters. I'm not certain whether they have horizontal adjusters (they may be covered to prevent tampering). These headlamps have a wide beam that isn't very tall. It's possible if your previous car was 5 or more years old that you're just not familiar with the pattern. But it's also possible that the bulbs are installed incorrectly or the lamps are aimed improperly.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thank you.

Short of buying a shop manual, can you recommend any sites that might explain this procedure?

Norm

Reply to
Norm

To aim them correctly, you'll need a headlamp aiming machine. I would think shops in your state which do state inspections should have one.

If you're within 1 year/12k miles, this adjustment should be covered by your warranty. Make sure your dealer has an opportunity to do this and that you get it on paper if they say they can't. Then call Hyundai customer assistance. Your chances of reimbursement without doing this are near zero.

Reply to
hyundaitech