2005 Santa Fe rear wiper problem

I've had a problem with the rear wiper on my 2005 Santa Fe for some time now. The blade is 13" log but only about 8" of the middle of the rubber
contacts the glass at any one time. I've changed the blade a few times and tried adjusting (bending) the arm to get better contact with no satisfaction.
Is there a procedure to get this to work I'm missing? Thanks in advance, Jon
Zeppo wrote:

Are you replacing it with the same brand and type of blade? If so, try a different brand or style. Sounds like it is not getting enough tension to the ends. I've had good results ont he windshiels with the new "frameless" blades.

Do you have a tradename for the "frameless" type? Thanks
J.L.Hemmer wrote:

I've used Bosch with good results and a cheper brand that I don't recall wiht just as good results. Any good auto parts store will have them.

I think that might solve the problem as well. I'm using Rain-X Latitude on the front wipers with excellent results. Unfortunately, no one makes frameless blades in 13".
Jon
Zeppo wrote:

Wow, that sucks. I just looked at a couple of places and they are not listed in the frameless below 16" that I can see. I did see a couple of winter blades listed but that does not mean they will work any better.

I'm putting it in for an oil change on Monday. I'll have my mechanic look at it.
Jon

You may need a new wiper arm. It has a spring in it to apply pressure to the blade to keep it on the glass. If the spring becomes weak, the blade won't be held properly on the window.

Thanks, HT. Is the arm replaceable by the average human, or is that a dealer-only item?
Jon

Arm is held on by one nut. Average human skills should be sufficient.
Sorry about the delay. I think I missed your post.