2005 Sante Fe' and a dead headlight...

Hey gang - my head light light is out...I haven't checked under the hood yet..but is this something I can change myself or do I need to take it in to the dealership?

You can do it yourself. A quick look would have taken less time than the post. Just be sure not to touch the new bulb on the glass. The halogen bulbs burn hot and the oils from your skin will cause premature failure.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

"crowoman" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
Covered under warranty? I don't think so - bulbs never have been to my knowledge.
But the job is easy. There is a cover that screws off (usually two on each side - make sure you open the one with the burned out headlight, and not the one for the "high beam."
Headlamp is held in place by a retaining spring. You push in on it slightly, then up, and it should pivot back out of the way. Remove the electrical connector, and you will have it in your hand (as previously advised, don't touch the glass of either the old or the new bulb).
Only two issues I have ever seen are: a) Access to the cover of the headlamp on one side is sometimes blocked by the battery. In that case, you will have to remove it, and "re-set" everything when you are done; b) In Hyundai's, my experience is that the other headlamp will burn out shortly also. So buy a pair of them, and whether you put the 2nd one in now or soon, it won't be long.
Hope this helps.
Tom Wenndt

Thank you!! I did it..it was such a relief...thanks for the info.