2005 sonata am radio

I recently puchased at 2005 sontata GTL---the AM reception is terrible. The FM works fine. Is this a problem with all their radios. I went to the dealer and they have ordered some type of allum. foil in which
they say sometimes helps. anyone else have this problem.
The AM in my 04 Sonata is pretty much unless. Went through 4 radios so far, but now that I'm over 36,000 miles, I'm on my own

AM has been and always will be susceptible to electromagnetic interference from engine ignition and anything else emitting electrical pulses in the engine compartment. Since AM is now a 3rd class citizen behind FM and Satellite channels, there is little emphasis on shielding since the last two are much less susceptible. If it just started, then it could be a spark plug going bad, wires going bad or connections to the plugs or spark boxes/distributor loose. It could also be alternator troubles with a bad voltage regulator. Make sure your hood is also grounded to the chassis with a grounding strap.
Tom