2005 Sonata crank shaft sensor

Hi Folks,

Maybe you can help me. My wife's car started running rough all of a sudden and threw a check engine light saying it was the crank shaft sensor. We put a new one in and now it doesn't even start, but the check engine light went out. OK, maybe a faulty sensor, so we put in another new one and still won't start. Anybody have any ideas??? Should I try another sensor maybe a different brand?

Thanks, Ronnie

Reply to
ronnie

If this is a four cylinder, you may have the sensor installed backward. The plate between the crankshaft sprockets should run through the slot in the sensor. Another possibility on this engine is that the timing belt was removed and incorrectly reinstalled.

On the V6, it's pretty straightforward. Not sure what could go wrong on this one.

Reply to
hyundaitech