2005 XG350

Does it have belt or chain timing? Is it an interference engine? Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson

Timing belt -- interference engine.
Thank you, Seamus J.

A couple of clarification questions, Mr. HyundaiTech on this engine on this vehicle. Is this basically the same engine as what was on the '02-'05 Sedonas? Has there been much of an incidence of problems with broken timing belts on the engine?
Just curious, and I think the original poster would benefit from this.

Yes, it's the same basic engine. I think this thread arose due to another where I commented on timing belt durability.
In any event, I've never seen a 3.5 (or the similar 3.0 in the 2001 XG) timing belt break or strip. I do seem to recall hearing of a couple cases, but I don't think they were anywhere near the maintenance interval.