2006 Azera outside door handle

Today I went to open my door and found that the rubber plug that's inserted in the door handle had come adrift (this is in the part that pulls out and not in the back piece). When I looked at it further it appeared that a section had been torn away and rather than an enclosed square it was now in the shape of a U with a section of the skinny part missing. So my questions are is this easily replaced (there appears to be a small star screw in the end of the handle) and/or shall I attempt to just reinsert the original piece, minus the torn section, and maybe epoxy it? The car is still under the extended warranty - would this be covered? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Reply to
jp103

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about. There's a black plastic gasket between the door handle and the door. I'm also not familiar with there being any sort of screw on the handle itself.

As to whether the repair is covered by your extended warranty, you'll need to ask the warranty company. It could be, depending on the specific policy you've purchased.

Reply to
hyundaitech

This is rubber and it goes around where the door handle and the rod that goes into the door connect. Looking at the other handles it looks like it's just a seal to keep that connection clean/dry. If you pull the handle open you can see a small screw, with a star head, that goes on the end opposite the front of the car. I suspect this may just be a trim screw as it doesn't look substantial enough to attach handle and rod. Thanks for getting back to me however. I, like many others, appreciate your input to this group.

Reply to
jp103