2006 Elantra sun roof

I may be a little overly critical here, but I am noticing a little moisture coming in through the sun roof after a hard rain on my newly purchased Elantra. It's really not a lot of water and certainly not enough of an accumulation to drip onto the interior of the car. However, is it normal to have a certain amount of seepage, or should I be concerned?

Reply to
SBCYAHOO

Open the window, check to see there is no debris against the gaskets. If everything seems in order, check it with a hose or car wash. If it still leaks, have the dealer check it out. It may never get worse, but certainly won't get any better so take advantage of the warranty.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Your sunroof is designed for water to be able to leak past the glass gasket, but it should then run down into the sunroof assembly, which has a drain at each corner that takes the water out of the assembly to each wheel area. If you have water entering the car, there's an actual problem, perhaps a clogged drain.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thank you for your assistance. I took it to the local dealer and they informed me, as you stated, that the roof is designed to take on the moisture that I had been experiencing. However, it does appear that the roof sits a little low on one end and it was suggested that I have this adjusted. They said that this adjustment would not be covered under the existing warranty. Is this correct? Would you recommend making the adjustment?

Reply to
SBCYAHOO

You said your car is "newly purchased". If it's a new car, it definitely IS covered under the warranty! Refuse to pay for it and don't take "no" for an answer as far as the service goes. If they give you any grief, go directly to Hyundai Customer Service and complain. They'll do something about it.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom