2006 Elantra Wheel Offset

I've searched this group, as well as looked on the HMAService website, but can't find the stock wheel offset for the 2006 Elantra. Does anyone know the offset spec?
Aftermarket 15" x 6.5" alloy wheels (no giant wheels here!) that I'm considering list an offset of +48mm. As a last resort, I suppose I could remove the stock OEM steel wheels and measure the offset.
Just wondering if anyone know the offset of the OEM steel wheels, or the OEM alloy wheels used on the Elantra GT??
Thanks, Don
Don Allen wrote:

That information is often hard to find. REmoving a wheel and measuring may be your fastest route. Most OEM wheels are zero offset or very close to zero, unless you have unusually wide wheels. However, I don't know with certainty that this is true for the Elantra.
Matt

Checking on Tire Rack (http://www.tirerack.com ) shows an offset of +42mm - +48mm for the aftermarket wheels they are offering for the '06 Elantra. Once could generally assume that it is probably in the neighborhood of + 45mm from the factory.
Eric
Matt,
Most front-wheel drive cars have positive offsets. Thus, I would expect the Elantra would as well. I think you're right - removing the wheel and taking the measurement is probably the best idea.
Here's an interesting link on offset:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid 1
Thanks, Don
Matt Whiting wrote:

I haven't looked closely at my Elantra wheels, but it's not uncommon to have the diameter, width and offset cast into the inside of the wheel.
Don, go or call ANY tire shop and they can tell you what the offset is and it will only take them 2 secs.
']['unes