2006 Elantra - who replaces cracked mirror?

I managed to crack the mirror glass on the drivers side of my new car. Plastic's OK so all I need is the glass. It's a heated outside mirror. That leads to my question. Is this a dealer thing that has
the heater built in or is it something any glass shop can do?

Take it to the dealer, should be covered under warrantry.
irwell wrote:

He said "I managed to crack the mirror", which would indicate this is not a warranty situation.
On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 06:09:27 GMT, Brian Nystrom

not unless backing one side into a post while trying to miss the other side is warranty.
;-)
I parked it in a parking garage in one of those spaces I liked with my Accent because few folks tried to use it. The Elantra ia just a tad wider. I just tipped the mirror so it compressed a bit and shattered the outer end of the glass but the plastic is fine. If it wasn't heated I would just take it to a glass shop. odes anyone know how the heating bit works? I can think a separate strip heater behind the glass or a coating on the glass. The latter could be a problem. The former just takes a glass cutter and a new piece of mirror.
nothermark

87611-2D100 MIRROR & HOLDER ASSY-O/S RR VI 86.53 86.53
We do this sort of thing regularly at the dealer. I have no idea whether a glass company would do this.
Its a normal piece of mirrored glass which has a heated 'pad' affixed to the back, the 'pad' is made from die cut adhesive foam with the heating element embedded. It is unlikely you could remove the foam without fracturing the embedded element, you could try goo gone or similar to release the adhesive.
Keith