2006 Sonata extra keyless remote

I recently purchased an 2006 Sonata GLS and love it so far. Part of the deal was an extra remote, I find 3 useful.
My deal says the car4 can only learn two remotes at a time. I have never
had such a restriction, my Jeep can learn 8 at a time!
I wonder if this is a true restriction (seems over restrictive) or the programming instruction s the dealer has just covers two?
Thoughts?
gerry
--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com

The dealer is exactly correct. Two remotes maximum. We've had that issue here a couple times where the salesman unknowingly promised an extra remote (or more). Most likely that's what happened with you. You can probably take the remote back and get some sort of refund for the extra remote (since you cannot use it). If you've got more than two people using the vehicle, consider not locking with the remote. That way you'll still be able to unlock and start with the key alone.
[original post is likely clipped to save bandwidth] On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:55:11 -0500, "hyundaitech"

Guess that is one brain dead thing in the design even if it affects few persons. To presume there will never be more than two drivers or one doesn't wasn't a 3 for service... seems a tad silly.
At least the 2006 has an option (default): Arm/Disarm By Key: This feature allows arming and disarming the alarm system using the key.
TSB 05-90-008
Thus key only appears to be able to be mixed with remote usage.
gerry
--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com

Well, you've taught me something, Gerry. I didn't even realize that was an option. I probably skimmed the bulletin and missed it or just simply forgot that was one of the new programmable features.