2006 Sonata GLS 4 cyl Auto. 15k Service

Hi Folks,
I asked my service adviser the approximate cost for the 15k service. He told me $455.00 plus tax. Is it me or is that excessive. Granted I'm in NJ
and all but seems high to me. What do you think?
Thanks
!`````/___R'Y! $```$`+ `````"``,```(#1(!1`#L` ` end
Hi,
I think it's a total ripoff and I'd run from that dealer. They are obviously trying to rip you off. I have the 06 Sonata 6 cyl auto that just had the $15k check last week. My price was $125 with taxes. They basically did the oil/filter, rotate tires and inspected and filled anything that needed to be and a car wash on top of that. All in about an hour waiting. I'd say your dealer is a ripoff... I'd be very leary of a dealer that already quotes you that price. Even if you confront them and tell them to only do what the book says they will probably find things that need to be replaced even though they don't need it like those fast oil changing places always do. You shouldn't have anything that needs to be replaced this early besides the oil and filter. If you can go to another dealer I would or find an independant place.
Nobby

thanks guy's, that is what I thought all along.

Also living in NJ, might I inquire as to the name of this dealer? That is just a ridiculousamount of money!! If you don't want to give the name, the city would be fine, or even write me directly if you want.
Eric
Whether that's a lot of money depends on what they're doing. But, as the other posters suggest, there's little reason to do much more than an oil change, tire rotation, and some inspections. Many places like to load up the maintenance service with nonessential services in order to increase profit.
The dealer is in Paramus

It's a definite rip off since the oil change is the only item that is needed at 15K miles. The rest is just 'fluff' and inspections that you can do. I got stung for $75 for the same thing at 7500 miles. Haven't been back since. Run like heck from those crooks.
Tom