2006 Sonata headlights dim while driving

My 2006 Sonata's headlights will dim on low beam for a second or two, then return to their normal brightness. This happens while driving at night (duh! it's more noticable), I tend to notice it the most when the car is downshifting from 2nd to 1st. Any ideas?

Reply to
mbleisch

Mine does the same thing. I had not paid attention to what gear(s) it appeared to happen in, I had only noticed that when I slowed to make a turn such as off the road into my driveway, it would occur. I have not investigated this at all, but I do see it in my 06.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

"phillystyle" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Yes, but it does not necessarily mean it is a problem. My Sonata MY2002 made the same and there was a TSB describing this as "normal" behaviour of alternator regulation circuits. Anway, you could verify if battery connectors are tight.

Reply to
Zotto

Nope - not a battery connection problem. Not even symptomatic of one. I've chocked it up to just a nuance of the car.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I recently worked on an Azera that did this. Verified that system voltage basically dropped to battery voltage (no alternator contribution) when this occurred. Seemed to occur off gas, but not necessarily at low speeds. Put an alternator on; owner reports no change.

Hyundai recommends checking battery cable voltage drops, junction block connections, and ground lugs. Customer has yet to return for further checking.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech