2006 Sonata headlights dim while driving

My 2006 Sonata's headlights will dim on low beam for a second or two, then return to their normal brightness. This happens while driving at night (duh! it's more noticable), I tend to notice it the most when
the car is downshifting from 2nd to 1st. Any ideas?

Mine does the same thing. I had not paid attention to what gear(s) it appeared to happen in, I had only noticed that when I slowed to make a turn such as off the road into my driveway, it would occur. I have not investigated this at all, but I do see it in my 06.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Yes, but it does not necessarily mean it is a problem. My Sonata MY2002 made the same and there was a TSB describing this as "normal" behaviour of alternator regulation circuits. Anway, you could verify if battery connectors are tight.
--
Zotto Sonica barbonica driver
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zottoida/

Nope - not a battery connection problem. Not even symptomatic of one. I've chocked it up to just a nuance of the car.