2006 Sonata LX w/ Homelink

Hi;
I just bought a 2006 Sonata with Homelink. I really like the idea of being able to control the Garage Door from the car instead of having a remote hanging there. I also want to take it a step further and control
the family room ceiling light from the car. Any idea what I need to do this? I am hoping to just replace a wall switch. If you have done this, could you please tell me what I need to buy as far as item and model number? I dont really want any home security...I just want to be able to control one ceiling light from the car.
Thanks Pat

Go to www.homelink.com or www.smarthome.com and check out the X-10 devices. You need a wall switch and a receiver. I have one light controlled by the car, but I have other lights on timers and remotes. Nifty stuff. I've been using it for over 20 years and it is very reliable.
Thanks Edwin! I am really getting excited about the possibilities. I have been looking at the Insteon stuff. Do you know if it is possible to control big current draws like a stove? It would be nice when you shut off the lights from your car, it insure the stove was off as well!
Have a Merry Christmas Pat

I answered most of your questions in alt.home.repair. No, they are not capable of handling an electric stove but if you wanted to, you could use some relays, but now things are getting complicated.