2006 sonata problems

Anyone experience noise from rear of car when fuel tank is full? Told by Hyundai that it is a "normal" noise.

Reply to
sparky13

Can you describe the noise and when it happens? I've heard no complaints.

Reply to
hyundaitech

None on ours ..... only have ~1,100 miles on the clock though. What kind of noise?

Keith

Reply to
Keith Warren

"Keith Warren" wrote in news:c0c8a$43614b4f$471c0ad2$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

I have about 1400 miles on mine and have not heard this noise yet either. Are you talking about a sloshing sound?

Reply to
Eric G.

The sound seems to be more of a rolling noise. Again only when tank is above 5/8 full.

Reply to
sparky13

When does this rolling noise occur? Is the car running? Is the car moving?

Can you be more descriptive than rolling? I know it's sometimes difficult to describe noises, but we really can't offer much unless we have a good idea about what the noise sounds like and when it occurs. Try to use an onomatopoeia to describe your noise if you can. Maybe even make up a word that phonetically would sound like the noise.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Noise is primarily at low speed and changing speeds.Originally thought it was suspension-rear wheels-now believe it is fuel rolling/sloshing in tank. Whooshing then banging is best description I can come up with. Anyone else have this?

Reply to
sparky13

"sparky13" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

I've had that in every car I've ever owned. Some you can hear better than others. I really don't think it is an issue to worry about.

Reply to
Eric G.

I have 800 miles on mine...NO noise.

Reply to
Rob

Whoosh-bang sounds a little disturbing if it is very evident. I worked on an Elantra that had a baffle come loose inside the fuel tank.

But I'm in no position do doubt someone who actually heard the noise and checked into it, either.

If you're concerned about the noise, the dealer should be able to explain to you the cause or, if they don't know the cause, should be able to demonstrate the noise on another identical vehicle to appease you that it is a normal condition.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I think I've experienced this. I rented an 05 Sonata recently and after it was down below 7/8 or so, I sometimes encountered a sound that had me believing something heavy was rolling around in the trunk and slamming about. The trunk was completely empty. The couple times that it happened to me were both times when I was stopping, or slowing significantly to make a right hand turn. It was indeed a very noticeable rolling, then clunk sound.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

The noise is the result of no Baffle in the gas tank. Hyundai is aware of it and is supposedly trying to come up with a fix for it.

Reply to
wolfcub27540