2006 Sonata Radio Wiring

I have a 60 watt subwoofer (speaker and amp in the same box) in the boot of my present Sonata. I'm thinking of getting the 3.3litre, 2007 Sonata. Anyone
know if it is possible to wire a seperate subwoofer to this radio. In fact, where can I find good details about the sound system. I see on some reviews they mention a subwoofer fitted as standard? cheers, nn
It's possible since I have an Alpine VPower amp and 12" Infinity Kappa in my 2006 Sonata's trunk. I had an installer do the job. To my surprise he has the amp providing extra power to the whole system (with good results). There is a spot in the rear decklid for a small (8 or 9") sub. The factory speakers in the 2006 Sonata are surprisingly good but I don't think the optional factory sub would contribute much bass.
I replaced the factory speakers in my 2002 Sonata with Infinity Kappas but have not found the need in the 2006.
GeoUSA, moderator http://www.hyundaiexchange.com
NickNike wrote:

Hi GeoUSA, thanks for that. I take it that your 2006 Sonata is not the 3.3L model? I'm more under the impression that the 3.3 has a subwoofer and amp fitted as standard. nn

I have a 2006 Sonata GLS V6 that deos NOT have the subwoofer.
Eric