2006 Sonata Recall

I received a recall notice in the mail today for my 2006 Sonata. It only effects cars built between 4/14/05 - 8/31/05. I know it is a federal law and all, but they recalled the car for the STICKERS ON THE SUN VISORS!!!

LOL.

And they went ahead and sent new stickers for me to attach myself if needed. Or I can schedule an appointment at my Hyundai dealer to have the stickers professionally installed :-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

It's always pissed me off that you buy a car that boasts a leather interior, with everything else nice and shiney, and then the government makes them put those aweful stickers on the visors like we're all idiots who need to see the warning everytime we sit in the car. What's next? A warning plastered on the dash that warns that some of the plastic components were made with peanut oil or that the sound system should not be operated by anyone under three because the knobs could come off and cause choking.

2Katz
Reply to
Fred & Lori

How about and HUD that flashes "Warning: Driving or sitting in this vehicle may cause death." flashing across the windshield.

"Fred & Lori" wrote in news:pOdVg.1$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com:

Reply to
Eric G.

Considering the newness of the car, I'd take a day off from work to have the dealer professionally install the stickers. If you screw it up, you may void the warranty. Just the prep of the sticker area can be a daunting task. Not to mention location. If you wrongly put them say, on the rearview mirror, it could lead to DEATH of the occupant. Damn, this is serious stuff.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

HAHAHAHA not to long ago got a recall for my 2003 Santa Fe because the door stickers that showed the tire pressure was wrong, they sent me the stickers to replace myself, instead I threw the stickers in the garbage and put the letter in the glove box and next time I was near the dealer I stopped showed him the recall letter and told him to fix it, he didnt have the stickers and had to order them from the factory, took them 2 weeks to get the stickers and call me when they were in. About 4 weeks later I was by the dealer again and stopped and had them put the stickers on .... RIGHT OVER THE TOP OF THE OLD ONES !!!!!!

']['unes

Reply to
']['unes

So?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Nothing , I guess it was over your head

Reply to
']['unes

ED P WROTE Considering the newness of the car, I'd take a day off from work to have the dealer professionally install the stickers. If you screw it up, you may void the warranty. Just the prep of the sticker area can be a daunting task. Not to mention location. If you wrongly put them say, on the

That was in referance to YOUR PREVIOUS POST..

so !

Reply to
']['unes

I'm impressed with your brain power

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thats good, cause Im not overly impressed with yours

Reply to
']['unes

Actually, I'd be more concerned about the sticky crap left over from the sticker, than the educational content of the sticker. Hyundai originally told NHTSA that they would replace the sun visors if the sticker peeled of. They said they made production changes in the visor. Now they've back peddled and decided to just replace the stickers, and I guess if it peels off again, you get another sticker.

Reply to
Bob

If it comes off clean, it is staying off. IMO, they are useless and ugly anyway.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski