2006 Sonata Seatbelt Warning Chime

Does anyone know how to disable the annoying chime my 06 Sonata makes when I do not have the seatbelt fastened? I always wear the seatbelt, but it is really annoying if I am stopping to pick up mail and need to drive only 100 yards to my place....

Thanks, Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Denig

I don't find it mine annoying, but even if I did I wouldn't disable it. Instead, I would mute it. A strategically placed piece of tape or wad of foam should muffle it to an acceptable level... if you can find it!

Reply to
Bob Adkins

I haven't studied these manuals thorougly enough yet, but I know that, on some makes and models, that also use that set up, there is a setting through the radio where you can at least turn it down a little.

I have an Oldsmobile with this. The car has to be on, the radio has to be off. You push and hold one of the radio pre-sets (usually the top one - #5 or #6 - whichever). It brings up either the word 'normal' or the word 'loud.' Push it until you get your desired word. The chime will tone three times at the level you just set it to. Sadly, there is no 'soft' on mine, but I'm convinced mine had been set on 'loud' until I changed it.

A thorough study of your owner's manual may reveal this.

Hope this helps.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

once again, Bob....where is the dinger located?

Reply to
Deck