2006 Sonata subframe rust

I just changed the oil on my 06 Sonata which just passed 50K miles. It has just come through its 3rd winter in PA/NY. After reading about the recall on the older Sonatas for front subframe rust, I took a close look
at mine while I had the car up on the ramps. Even though I believe mine is exempt from the recall, I was somewhat surprised at the amount of rust down under on this car. It has more rust than my 2003 Dodge Caravan which has 6 winters under its belt. It doesn't have as much rust as the frame of my 1994 Chevy truck, but then the truck has what appears to be 3 times thicker metal.
At the current rate, I don't think this car will be safe at 10 years of age and I'm wondering if I will even get 6 years and 100K miles. Does anyone else have a 2006 Sonata? I'm curious if you are seeing much rust on your front subframe.
Matt

Hey Matt - mine is an 06 and I'll look under it over the next few days, and post my observations.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Sounds good, Mike. Depending on what you find, maybe we can exchange digital pictures and compare that way. Mine isn't seriously rusted at this time, just seems rusted a lot more than my other vehicles as compared to their respective ages and "winters."
Matt