2006 Tucson: question about defrost/defog

Page 2 of 2
had an 04 Elantra GT, now have an 06 Santa Fe.. pushing the A/C button does not turn it off any longer as it did in my Elantra... but still no big
deal.. still works the same. clears the windows.. thats what its for..;-)
Pete...

Victor A. Garcia wrote:

All it's doing is turning off the light on the switch. It doesn't affect the A/C compressor.

That's exactly the point. What works great in Florida is less than ideal in New Hampshire.
cheg wrote:

Pressing the A/C button only toggles the light on the button. I has no effect on the compressor, which remains engaged. That is, unless you're driving a Canadian-spec car.

How about this.... Open the hood, and disconnect the connector for the AC clutch for the winter. Not as easy as doing it from the dashboard, but effective.
Bob wrote:

Yeah, but that's a rather Draconian method. I prefer to have the option to use the A/C if necessary. When piling into the car after X/C skiing or sea kayaking, it's helpful to get the humidity out. It's also good on days above freezing where fog on the inside of the windshield can be a problem.
I don't object to using the A/C when it's helpful, I just want to choose when I use it.
Why is this such a big deal......