2006 Tucson: question about defrost/defog

Why is this such a big deal......

Reply to
Dumbass

Brian..

oh, I forgot to tell ya, I AM FROM CANADA..;-)

Pete..

Reply to
Pete & Cindy

Yeah, but that's a rather Draconian method. I prefer to have the option to use the A/C if necessary. When piling into the car after X/C skiing or sea kayaking, it's helpful to get the humidity out. It's also good on days above freezing where fog on the inside of the windshield can be a problem.

I don't object to using the A/C when it's helpful, I just want to choose when I use it.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

It seems like a large part of the problem is that the fans are anemic. Position #4 in the Elantra doesn't blow as much air as position #2 in my old Excel did. The air gets hot, but it's not distributed effectively. I wonder if there's a higher output blower motor that would fit?

Sure. I have no objection to true advancements in technology, but it seems counterproductive to eliminate the driver's ability to choose how to use some systems. Like you I prefer to "row my own" gears and have never owned a car with an automatic transmission.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

That could well be the case. Although, my old minivan (96 Plymouth) and my pickup don't blow a lot of air on the low setting either, but by the time I got halfway to work (about an 18 mile commute) I had to start turning down the temp setting unless it was below zero. I can drive the Sonata all the way to work on the highest temp setting and no be uncomfortably warm. My 03 minivan (Dodge Caravan) does blow much faster on all settings than my old minivan or my pickup. It gets uncomfortably warm in about 7 miles at any OAT above 10 or so.

I'm not sure a higher output blower is necessary as we can always use the higher speeds. I'm just used to not needing 2 or higher in most of my vehicles unless it is very cold (below zero) or very humid (car full of people with wet jackets).

Are you married? I never owned an automatic until I got married... :-( I did insist that my wife learn to drive stick, which she did very willingly. However, I've conceded to buy an automatic for the vehicles that she drives primarily and a stick only for those I drive primarily. Compromise is part of marriage, at least successful marriages! :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Not anymore. :-)

Now that I think of it, I can only recall having one girfriend in the past 20 years who drove a car with an automatic. The rest have driven manuals. It's not like I planned it that way, but apparently I'm attracted to the type of women who prefer manual trannys, which I would categorize as independent, self-reliant and intelligent. Maybe it's just a New England Yankee thing...

Reply to
Brian Nystrom