2007 Accent

My first Hyundai was a 1987 Excel, but had it only a few months - Now I'm thinking of getting a 2007 Accent - Manual Transmission - no frills model just for local school commute for the kids. Any good/bad words on
this model before I sign on the bottom line ?
I have an '02 model. It has 118000 miles on it with very minor problems. It's still kicking today. The warranty is another bonus when buying a Hyundai. The 60K warranty is the longest in the industry.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

I'd do it. If I could get my daughter to be fiscally responsible I'd help her into one...
Steve, AZ

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 20:18:28 -0600, " snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net"

Just make sure that you can't get an Elantra for just about the same price. I have bought two (an 03 and an 05) and am getting a third one soon. Sometimes you can get a better deal on a low model Elantra. I paid less for my Elantra's than some have for their Accents.

Yeah, that happened to me a couple of years ago. I was looking for an '05 Accent GT and test drove one at the dealer; I was about to seal the deal when I noticed a new Elantra hatchback, fully loaded w/ moonroof, for about $750 more than the Accent. No contest :-).

EXACTLY!!! I'm buying my third Elantra in a couple of weeks (assuming I can get the deal that i want), but my two are GT's which I love and they don't make them anymore. So we'll see what happens.

If they are listening they will be out in 2008. If not, much as I like Hyundai, there are other car makers.
:-(