2007 Accent

My first Hyundai was a 1987 Excel, but had it only a few months - Now I'm thinking of getting a 2007 Accent - Manual Transmission - no frills model just for local school commute for the kids. Any good/bad words on this model before I sign on the bottom line ?

Reply to
riceguy66

Elmer Fudd

I'd do it. If I could get my daughter to be fiscally responsible I'd help her into one...

Steve, AZ

Reply to
Steve R.

Just make sure that you can't get an Elantra for just about the same price. I have bought two (an 03 and an 05) and am getting a third one soon. Sometimes you can get a better deal on a low model Elantra. I paid less for my Elantra's than some have for their Accents.

Reply to
jtees4

Yeah, that happened to me a couple of years ago. I was looking for an '05 Accent GT and test drove one at the dealer; I was about to seal the deal when I noticed a new Elantra hatchback, fully loaded w/ moonroof, for about $750 more than the Accent. No contest :-).

Reply to
Okie

EXACTLY!!! I'm buying my third Elantra in a couple of weeks (assuming I can get the deal that i want), but my two are GT's which I love and they don't make them anymore. So we'll see what happens.

Reply to
jtees4

If they are listening they will be out in 2008. If not, much as I like Hyundai, there are other car makers.

:-(

Reply to
nothermark