2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

Has anyone tested the new Santa Fe yet? I saw one at a dealership about 50 miles away and it was closed. I am considering a purchase of one next year (after XM radio becomes standard).

Thanks!

Reply to
frumdogg

I tested the 2007 Santa Fe yesterday. I was very impressed with the drive and the spaciousness of the interior. I test drove the 3.3L engine and thought it didn't have quite as much pick up as my 1999 Chrysler 300 M but it was adequate. I love the new interior which has the feel of an expensive sports utility vehicle.

Reply to
Rose

I haven't decided whether to trade in my 2002 4 cyl for a 2007 v6 which is standard as I am told with all the other goodies, as I hate the idea of a 3rd row seat when I want the storage under the carpet that I have in the 2002. Also what the gas mileage is. Mine is running 22 city &

32 Hwy. I have a great mechanic who loves my Sante Fe as I do & wants to buy it for $10K. I told him he will drive me to the dealer to pick mine up if I do buy one. The Tucson is 17 - so forget that! That felt like the cheap Kia.

Rose wrote:

Reply to
The Awesome 1

I sat in a Tucson a few weeks ago and did not like it, it felt to me like a cheap Kia as well.

When I saw the new Santa Fe I was thoroughly impressed, but want to hear what new buyers have to say about them (especially gas mileage) in the coming months. Does anyone here have any experience negotiating with dealers? The last time I bought a car was before the recession of

2000/2001, so there was not much power available to the customer to negotiate in my opinion.
Reply to
Sputnick

I bought one yesterday, traded in my 01' SF w/ 84k miles on it.

I drove it home last night, and have test driven several. It handles much nicer then the previous models. I thought about waiting for the factory XM and Nav system, but was told they would be much cheaper to do it myself. So thats what I am doing. Next week I'll start looking at both.

The look of it, especially just comparing to my five year old version is outrageous. In comparing it to a neighbors RX 350 I cannot complain at all. 15k cheaper and I think I made my neighbor cry a bit.

I didn't get the 'touring' package or the 3rd row seat as they aren't available yet in most markets. I didn't want it either. It seems as it the extra length of the vehicle is longer than I expected as the area behind the back seat is deep. DEEEEEP

I'm going to keep track of mileage, but only after it's been broken in a bit.

I dig it, I've seen over three dozen in the last few weeks and driven

8 of them at different dealerships around Phoenix. There really isn't any 'dealing' going on with these right now as they are brand new. There is a Hyundai loyalty incentive of $500 and thats it from the manufacturer. I'm sure in time there will be more, but when you are trying to clear out 06's you can't very well make the 07s less. Our dealership treated us right as we were returning customers, but they couldn't negotiate on the price much at all. They threw in a few extras and matched someone else price that I had a quote from, but they are just too new and in too high demand to 'deal' on. I was told that on Friday of last week they received 8 more which gave them 11 total and as of last night(Mon) they had 5 after we took ours home. People are driving in off the street and buying these they look so sharp and are so resonably priced. I was told that about 75% of the 07 buyers are previous Hyundai owners and I can understand that. I had two problems with my 01. Both were completely covered under warranty on my and I traded it in with 84k miles on it.

Go buy this car.

Today

Reply to
elzool

What are the '07s going for?

Reply to
KWW

We just saw an ad on TV for the Sante Fe. $4000 if your purchase in August. $3000 rebate, $1000 previous owner discount. I love my 2002 Sante Fe, looks brand new too since Hyundais don't rust. 54K on it, my technician at NTB will give me $10K for it, which I coube the dealer will do so I told him he will drive me to pick my car up. But if it doesn't give me 22 city 32 hwy forget it. Mileage is #1, then all the rest of my car.

elzool wrote:

Reply to
The Awesome 1

Per Hyundai site:

Santa Fe GLS*

MSRP $20,945

Santa Fe SE

MSRP $23,645

Santa Fe Limited

MSRP $25,945

KWW wrote:

Reply to
The Awesome 1

Wow, I didn't know that. Are Hyundais made of aluminum, titanium or carbon fiber?

Reply to
James

Just drove one home $22,655 for GLS. It is 11" bigger than my 2002 which is the same car as a 2006. Cannot close my 1940 garage on it inside. So we'd have to take the ladders out of the garage & take the shelving out of the front of the garage to get the Sante Fe in. Also, I would get $4000 off the price but the gas mileage on the V6 is less than my 4 cyl which does 22 city 32 hwy if I use Shell or Marathon, BP is 13-16 city 25-27 Hwy.

So we gave them back their car to take home my 2002 which I love. Now talk of a CUV coming out in 2007 that caught my ears & the Manager promises that when he gets one in he'll hide it in the Service bay for me to come out to drive it. No talk of hybrid but they do talk of improved gas mileage on it. Also a truck by 2008.

KWW wrote:

Reply to
The Awesome 1

Solid gold!

JS

Reply to
JS

Today newspaper has a ad for my dealer, with them giving $2500 dealer discount to past owners from their dealership, which is me. So that is $6500 off a 2006 Sante Fe but the Tucson gets $1500 + $2500 dealer discount.

So husband agreed that we can walk out with a new Sante Fe for under $8K then we will buy it. Tucs> We just saw an ad on TV for the Sante Fe. $4000 if your purchase in

Reply to
The Awesome 1