2007 Santa Fe- 2.7liter

Ok all, so the missus and I are not happy with the Jeep mileage (2005, sticker says 17/22, revised epa- 15/21). She averages 17-18 and I changed the plugs, little improvement. Just bought her the darn thing
and fuel shoots up!
She wants a little Toyota Yaris, the local dealership worked some numbers, way out of line for me. Bear in mind, I'm 9-10k upside down. Same payment, no money down (I hope!)
Stop by my trusty Hyundai dealer, they have (2) 2007 Santa Fe GLS, 5 speed manual, 2.7l. The sticker says 20/25 and there's a $2500 rebate, easing my pain. Side by side compariosn shows the Santa Fe $600/year cheaper, 3 mpg better average, and one has XM. Love my XM!
1. How's the reliability? 2. I hate timing belts, but looks easier to do than my old 2002 Sonata. 3. What's your average if you have one? Best highway MPG? 4. Any known issues? 5. Ride, stability, quirks, complaints, compliments? 6. Would you do it?
1. Reliability excellent on the 2.7 powertrain. Otherwise, a number of minor difficulties with production/assembly issues in the early production runs (2007 introduction), after that excellent. Too early to tell on long-term reliability (other than the powertrain, which is pretty much old technology).
2. Same thing as any other Hyundai 2.5/2.7
3. N/A.
4. Don't recall anything significant.
5. Nothing sticks out. My advice is to test drive and make up your own mind. Might have more to offer if I actually owned one.
6. Nope. Not what I'm looking for. But if it's right for you, have at it.
Thanks HT. In retrospect, we, like many Americans, are going to have to ride it out. I drove the Jeep today from Kingman, AZ to Las Vegas and got 24 MPG. I know it's her driving habits.
--

2008 Sonata SE- His
2005 Grand Cherokee-Hers

I have a 2006with a 2.7 L V6 front wheel drive automatic

SO FAR VERY GOOD, ONLY AN O2 SENSOR. REPLACED UNDER WARANTY

WILL NOT OWN IT LONG ENOUGH TO HAVE TO CHANGE IT.

ALL HIGHWAY CRUISE SET AT 70 MPH, I GET 24 MPG ALL CITY AVERAGE 16 MPG MIXED AVERAGE 20 MPG

NOT YET

SO FAR ALL IS GOOD