2007 Santa Fe Transmission

Have noticed recently, 3 or 4 times, that when leaving my driveway in reverse and then shifting to drive and applying the accelerator, there is a chuggling of the transmission.
Now I know that chuggling isn't a technical term, but thats the best way I can describe it. Like it wants to shift then stops then shifts then stops then shifts - all within a few hundred microseconds, then it takes off.
Have only noticed it when taking off the first time during the day. I'm in Florida so can't really say it is a "cold transmission". May happen other times but haven't noticed it.
Could this be a low transmission fluid indication?
Thanks,
Jim
jim wrote:

worse during winter, when shifting from 2nd to 3rd, then for the rest of the day, it's OK ?????????? I do live in Florida too (Tampa area), but definitely it's worse when cold.

Have you figured out the problem? Had it to a dealer?
Jim (Sebring)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090409080407090909060503 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
jim wrote:

Now I know that chuggling isn't a technical term, but thats the best way I can describe it. Like it wants to shift then stops then shifts then stops then shifts - all within a few hundred microseconds, then it takes off.
Have only noticed it when taking off the first time during the day. I'm in Florida so can't really say it is a "cold transmission". May happen other times but haven't noticed it.
Could this be a low transmission fluid indication?
Thanks,
--------------090409080407090909060503--
If I understand correctly, the initial engagement after shifting to drive is "busy." I haven't noticed this on any '07 or newer Santa Fes, but I don't have one as my daily driver, either.
Take it in for the dealer to check. If they have trouble duplicating, perhaps go in the next day and start the car and drive it with them so they'll see the problem and the conditions under which it occurs. Could be normal, could be a problem.
As of now, there are no reprograms for your transmission control module. If this is a common problem or even "normal operation" resulting in customer complaints, it's possible Hyundai will release a reprogram to repair.
Yes HT, that is a good way to describe it. Has only happened a few times and have only noticed it first time out. I now have a dealer 45 miles away which is better that the 80 miles prior to his opening. Anyway, I will pay more attention to the circumstances. Seems though that if it is only the first time in the day, I would have to leave the vehicle overnight after training someone on how it happens.
I appreciate the info from both responders. I noted today that the situation did not occur. So will give it time.
Jim