2007 Tucson hood insulation

I purchased one recently and when I was shopping they all had the insulation, mine did not. TNow the dealer says it does not come with it. The ones that were on the lot had them before mine.

I found on the HMA website a reference of how to install and remove the insulator but I cant find the part number for the insulator and the clips and how many.

Can anyone help? (Hyundaitech)?

Thanks.

Robert

Reply to
RobertHenne

I looked in the parts catalog and couldn't find any listing for the insulation pad. I suspect that's why you were told it's not available.

I hadn't known of the existence of the pad myself. Many Hyundai vehicles don't have them. But if other Tucsons have them, then it definitely exists. It's possible the catalog is in error. In that case, the dealer will likely need to call Hyundai to get information from them.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I took this a step further and went up to the showroom. There happens to be a Tucson on the floor, so I lifted the hood and looked. No hood insulation pad.

Have you asked the dealer to check their stock on hand to verify that a hood insulation pad does indeed exist? If they've already checked, then they're probably correct that Tucsons do not have the hood insulation pads. Checking stock on hand isn't really a difficult matter. If the dealership is giving you a hard way to go, you could just stop in and have a look for yourself.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks Tech for checking. The dealer has been great about it, checking the ones in stock and calling the rep. It just up and doesnt exist all of a sudden. There are pictures of it in my owners manual. Pictures of it on HMA in the parts break down with assy and removal instructions.

Its just odd that now that I have bought one, they dont exist anymore. Its not a big deal, I just thought mine was missing it. I guess Hyundai stopped using them.

The funny thing is, mine is a 07 and they still have an 06 with no insulation. I guess they tried it for a while and stopped. But everyone remembers it, I even got the safety talk about how it is designed to drop and smother a engine fire.

Thanks again for checking.

Robert

Reply to
RobertHenne