2007 Vera Cruz questions

Has anyone experienced an static problems with the Vera Cruz? The seats are cloth. When I exit the vechicle I received quite a large static charge
when I touch the door to close it.
I am also noticing some noise on the AM radio band. The XM band is perfectlly clear.
Thanks for any responses.
I own a Sedona minivan (twin to the Entorage). I have the same problem. If I have it on other vehicles, I am not aware of it.
But it must be a lot more common than I had ever realized, because a lot of gasoline stations now have signs up (especially during Winter) warning people to touch your car in some way to generate that electric static BEFORE you begin pumping your gas (for obvious reasons).

The more plastic that is incorporated into cars - especially in the interior compartment, the worse this problem becomes. With many cars today, you can't get out of them without a wake up jolt.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/rfs/530237885.html
Steve's post regarding static electricity is your best approach.
As for your AM static, you'll probably need to take it to the dealer and compare it (or have the service department do the same). It's possible your static level is normal, but there's also a possibility you have an antenna or radio problem. If the static is only on distant or weak stations, and is typically a small amount, it's probably normal.