2008 Elantra gets strong recommendation from CU

Thought you might like to know that the 2008 Elantra came in second in it's class, surpassed only by the Honda Civic in Consumer Reports' April car issue. They are strongly recommending ESC (electronic stability control) as a safety feature for all cars and the new Elantra has it. By the way, is ESC in the Elantra what Hyundai calls TCS (traction control system)?

Reply to
Victek

ESC is a step beyond traction control. Traction control simply slows acceleration if the wheels begin to spin. Stability control will, in an effort to help the driver maintain control, activate brakes selectively if the vehicle begins to not follow where it's steered.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Thanks for the clarification.

Reply to
Victek

Actually, in a way it finished first. The Elantra, and not the Civic, was given the "top pick" honor by CR in the compact car class, mostly because of the standard ESC, which the Honda does not have, at least not as standard equipment.

Also given top pick was the Hyundai Santa Fe in their midsize SUV category, one of the most wide-ranging and competitive categories in the auto industry. Again, the standard ESC pushed them over some vehicles that may have rated a point or two higher.

What an achievement for Hyundai. And I have a hunch that the honors will only get better.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

3-4 years ago, HMA made the statement they would do whatever it takes to compete with the top selling cars. It struck me as a credible and believable statement. They're serious, and it's certainly reflected in their 2006 and later cars.

That bubbly feeling I'm getting... could it be my resale value rising? ;) -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins