2008 Santa Fe Oil Filter Spine Cartridge Part # question

Took my 2008 Santa Fe in for an oil change today and the spine is broken what the oil filter itself snaps around.

I tried looking up the part but only get the oil filter coming up.

Does anyone know the part number or source to get the replacement black plastic spine?

Thanks, Edd

Reply to
funrudy

Try this link - you may find what you are looking for:

bobmct

If the 2008 Santa Fe uses the same cartridge-type filter as other recent Hyundai/Kia models, check that the spine hasn't just come off the filter cap.

The spine does come off the cap and just snaps back in. No big deal and it's not broken. Just needs to be snapped back into place. If you have ever done your own oil changes, you will find the spine is a loose fit in the cap and wobbles around some, and will readily detach if you pull on it. Dunno why it does this.

If your oil change person had never encountered a detached spine before, I could see how they might think it was broken off.

YYMV.

Reply to
motormouth

Bought the car used and went for the first oil change. The longer, thinner part at the end with the small O ring is broken off. Link:

The Skeleton Filter part is there, just the long part is broken off. The tech did show me show it snaps off from the cap part and reattaches.

Thanks for any help.

Edd

Reply to
funrudy