2008 Snata Fe = Passenger Airbag light

When my daughter sits in the front passenger seat, the airbag light still stays on, as if she weren't there. She is almost 18 and weighs 108 lbs.
Has anyone else had this experience?
I note that 2006 - 2008 Sonatas have been recalled for this same issue -- http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2008/04/hyundai_recalls.html
Regards, Wayne Moses, 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited

Your daughter has never sat in my car so I'd have to say no experience.
IIRC, the manual give some idea of the actual weight required. Have you tried swapping seats? Does the light go out with more weight? I did not see it on HMAservice.com

The usual occupant of the seat is my wife and the light does not stay on for her. She is almost 40 lbs heavier.
Regards, Wayne Moses, 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:38:57 -0500, Wayne Moses

This sounds somewaht like the problem with the 2007 Tucson.
Click the link
http://www.automotive.com/2007/49/hyundai/tucson/recalls/12921.html
Old_Timer
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:29:13 -0700, Old_Timer wrote:

I agree. I suspect that they would all use the same module, so the recall will become wider. I will be keeping an eye on this at the very least and then letting my dealership know about this if it turns out to be a significant and repeatable problem.
The manual instructs on how to check the SRS and how to make sure that the OCS is not fooled. I will have to pay closer attention to how my daughter is sitting in the seat.
Thanks for the reply and the link.
Regards, Wayne Moses, 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited
If I recall correctly, the Santa Fe uses strain gauges to measure the weight. It's possible the seat needs to be recalibrated.
Of course, at 108 pounds, I imagine your wife is a fairly small person. It's also possible that the system views her as a small enough adult to disable the air bag.
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:50:20 -0500, "hyundaitech"

Thanks HT. It is actually my daughter who is 108 lbs. The wifey is a little heavier.
The manual suggested that ways of sitting in the seat and also shifting weight can have a bearing on whether the OCS gets fooled or not, when closer to the borderline.
I will have to keep an eye on it whenever she sits in front.
Regards, Wayne Moses, 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited