2008 Sonata Stereo removal

I am trying to remove the stereo in my 2008 Sonata to install a FM Modulator. The instructions that I have seen simply say to remove the trim panel from around the stereo that will then expose the mounting screws.

There is a trim molding that runs the length of the dash, that I believe needs to be removed as well. Does anyone know how this comes off?

Thanks,

KM

Reply to
Kirk Matheson

"Kirk Matheson" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com...

It has to be pulled, starting from door side towards steering wheel you will find some clips that fix the molding, no need to extirpate totally, as you will be able to access the 2 screws with it still attached to last clip. Useful using a magnetic screwdriver to avoid screws falling .

Reply to
Zotto

tor. The instructions that I have seen simply say to remove the trim panel from around the stereo that will then expose the mounting screws.

needs to be removed as well. Does anyone know how this comes off?

There are two screws inside the glove box holding the trim in place. Other wise, it snaps out. Similarly, the switch/indicator panels on either side of the radio snap/pry off. A plastic prying tool or a hook to get behind e ach item is ideal to avoid damage to the dash.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks. There appears to be good participation on this NG. Any reason why it is still an *alt* as opposed to being a *rec?*

KM

Reply to
Kirk Matheson

still an *alt* as opposed to being a *rec?*

I don't know if things have changed, but it was much easier to start an "alt" group as compared to a "rec" I don't know that there is any real value in changing it now. Many of the bit ISPs dropped USENET servers a couple of years ago and many people never found ways to continue so overall participation is down.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski