2009 Santa Fe question

Hi All;

Just took delivery of my 09 Santa-Fe. Pretty pleased overall, but some questions for you experienced owners:

1) Is there a way to have the alarm arm itself automatically after leaving the car (without locking the doors)? I like to leave my vehicles armed and unlocked so thieves may enter without damaging the car, but do set off the alarm when opening a door. 2) Is there a way to have the doors auto lock once you start the car, or put it into drive? 3) How do you move the roof rack cross bars? 4) Where is the limp away code (ignition key sequence) to disable the alarm if you don't have the alarm key fob?
Reply to
Handy guy

Sorry i cant help you with your questions, but, can you answer a few of mine ?! : 1. What size engine do you have and what is your fuel mileage around town ? 2. Do you get alot of noise from the rear suspension which is typical in my 2002 SantaFe ? 3. Do you have a decent Sound System in yours ? I saw the 2009 SantaFe and love the styling ---- hope you get alot of satisfaction from your new purchase. I have 63,000 miles on my 2002, and its been quite reliable . David.

Reply to
IlBeBauck

1) I have the 3.3l, haven't really figured out the mileage yet, only on my 2nd tank... Will post back later 2) Vehicle is pretty quiet, couple small rattles not sure from what, maybe: passenger seat shakes when no one sits in it, the cargo cover when the trailing edge is folded back over the cover. 3) The Limited comes with the Infinity upgrade - it's very good (and I'm pretty critical on sound)
Reply to
Handy guy