2009 Sonata Automatic Transmission

I just test drove a 2009 Sonata SE 4cyl Auto. Noticed a Problem (?) with the transmission that concerned me. Up shifts were very firm. No slipping or delayed shifting or slamming into gear. Just a very noticeable shift between all gears. My other cars are both GM products and the transmission shifts are almost unnoticeable, sometimes I have to check the tachometer to figure out what gear I am in.

Is this rough shifting an indication of a transmission problem or just the way the transmission is designed?

TIA,

Larry

Reply to
Larry W

My GM car had the same problem. Cost about $2300 to have it fixed.

My Sonata is the V-6 and shifts very smooth. I think it is a different gear box than the 4 though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Why not go and drive another car with a similar setup? Then'd you could tell first hand.

Reply to
J.L.Hemmer

Sounds normal to me, but JL gives excellent advice.

Reply to
hyundaitech