2010 diesel sonata

Just got back from a trip of 2000 km and fuel economy was 6 litre/100km. Thats about 49 mpg imp or 39 mpg us. Why would you buy a hybrid???? Great touring car, the only negative being
the same as my other 3 Sonata,s That is body squeaks and rattles. Pity they cant sort that issue out. Thinking of getting a Nissan xtrail instead of an I35 on that basis. Any I35 owners to comment??? John